by: David Vogel on
MULTICOAT Scratch Kote is a super bonding latex modified cementitous coating which forms a hard rough-textured base coat, securely bonding to a properly prepared pool, spa or pond substrate. MULTICOAT Scratch Kote provides an ideal surface to which new pool plaster will firmly bond by both mechanical and chemical means. It is similar to gunite in both appearance and function. Scratch Kote eliminates chip-outs, brown coats, etc. and minimizes down time. MULTICOAT pioneered the Scratch Kote system...it remains the premier system in use today.
- Minimum down time
- Substantially reduces labor and equipment costs
- Eliminates excessive substrate preperation-no need for chip-outs or axing
- Substantial savings on plaster (Marcite) materials
- Virtually eliminates "hot spots" and "pop-outs"
- Trim tile, new or old, can be placed on steps and seats during Scratch Kote application